The Kingdom of Equitaine is a faction within the 9th Age game.
Equitaine was one of few, if not the only, nation in Vetia that wasn't conquered by the vermin after the fall of Avras. The king at the time was Gilles de Raux, who is rumoured to have possessed a lifespan that stretched far beyond that of a mortal. 
"A dark King rules the last free men"
Magic Use Edit
The following is a quote used to describe the magic use of the Kingdom of Equitaine: 
"The lands of Equitaine contain mystery and magic at every turn. Sacred locations, mythical sites – every castle, hill, ancient tree, stone bridge; they all have legends and stories attached to them. This connection with the land, and the Lady who symbolises it, permeates every part of Equitan culture, including their magic. Enacted only by the purest hearts, due to fables of magic misused and the disastrous consequences; magic calls upon the purity of others, and brings their intentions to bear upon the world, shaping it into a more noble version of itself."
The Equitan crusades are made in the name of the Lady and have seek to spread the worship of her around the word .
Women in Equitaine are venerated for their supposed connection with the Lady. 
Equitaine is know for the following cities: 
The Kingdom of Equitaine is a monarchy.
Early monarchs of Equitaine Edit
Few monarchs from before the 9th century A.S. of the 9th age are known.
|Gilles de Raux||Late 8th age||Reported to have had an unnaturally long life. |
|Uther of Gasconne||Early 9th age||Some consider him the true founder of Equitiane.  |
|Guillaume||Early 5th century of the 9th age||Perished while leading the lost crusade to Naptesh. |
Late monarchs of Equitaine Edit
Since at least the mid 9th century A.S, i.e. during the last 100 years, Equitaine has been ruled by members of the same royal family.
|Name||Coat of arms||Birth||Marriages||Death||Reign*||Notes|
|Charles||838||unknown||864||863-864 (1 year)||Succeeded by his younger sister|
|Catherine||842||Adelard and Rodrigo||892||864-892 (28 years)|
|Luis||866||Consuela||903||892-903 (11 years)|
|Charles||884||Lyuba (until 922) and Amalia (until 948)||952||903-952 (49 years)|
|Luis||918||unknown||960||952-960 (8 years)|
|Henry||943||unknown / none||From 960||Nothing is known of Henry's mother.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Johannes Strabo, A New Atlas for the Ninth Age (Main Rulebook)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Royal Family Tree (The 9th Scroll issue #5)
- ↑ Letter from Duchess Mathilde to Henry of Equitaine, 962 A.S. (Main Rulebook)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Interview with Sigmund Selig, the Great Sage (The 9th Scroll issue #3)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Informative text about the Kingdom of Equitaine (The 9th Scroll issue #5)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Historical note (The 9th Scroll issue #5)
- ↑ The World Hymn, a reproduction of an Equitan tapestry, itself believed to be a copy of an ancient dwarven carving and poem dating from the first century AS. (Main Rulebook)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Book of the Askar, Chapter Fourteen, taken from the Sunna Cycle. (Main Rulebook)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Jorge Zamoran; An account of the peoples, nations and monsters which inhabit the world. Prepared for Prince Estaban (Main Rulebook)
- ↑ On races and their magic (The 9th Scroll, issue #5)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Map of the Lands and People of the 9th Age, by Meradus Gercator, 962 A.S. (Main Rulebook)
- ↑ Beatrix von Ueblingen (962 A.S.) My travels in Naptesh: Entry from the 27th of Acrober (Undying Dynasties armybook, p13-18)
- ↑ Letter from Tania Féret, King Henry’s Minister of War, to the Duke of Ussel (The 9th Scroll, issue #8)
- ↑ The Lost Crusade (Undying Dynasties armybook)